Monday 20 April 2015

Deadlines and Presentations

For the last few weeks it's been hectic to say the least with multiple deadlines coming up really soon. Thankfully I've actually been ahead of schedule work wise and I've finished my essay and character re submission before the deadline. I managed to get my character re submission done in about a week and a half which I'm really pleased about!

The essay however took considerably longer. I'm used to being able to bang out an essay in maybe a few hours this extended reflection essay however took a good week or so to really get a decent result. Finding a good and interesting topic to reflect and discuss was a bit difficult at first but once I'd thought about it for awhile I settled on a good topic. I decided to talk about how my review before Easter with Mike had helped me decide to aim for a career in an indie company, the reasons behind this would be my style and my ideas which are a bit wacky and fun but would definitely suit an indie game style.
In reflection I think I've done a pretty good job and I've written it to the best of my ability, sadly I'm a bit rusty on essay writing as it's been at least a few years since I wrote essays for English in Sixth Form. I decided to submit my essay earlier than the final submission time because it was finished and I knew I couldn't do anything more to it.

Another slightly stressful deadline I had recently was the formal presentation we had to give. Safe to say it took me forever to come up with anything I could talk about. Thanks to Georgia I got an idea just in time. She reminded me of the concept art book I have for The Dark Crystal, which I love so soooo much! I took a look at it and decided to do my presentation on Brian Froud the concept artist for the movie The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. I talked about Brian Froud himself and the concepts he made for the film and how he has influenced my work.




Overall I was pleased with how the presentation went. It seemed a lot less formal and way more laid back than I was expecting. I wasn't too nervous in the first place mainly because I've gotten used to having to present to the class from all the presentations I've done on this course. Which is really good by the way.

Yes the deadline is Friday 24th which is looming however I'm feeling confident as I've submitted all my work before that day. The only thing left to finish now is the Off the Map project. The DMU deadline for the OTM is May 8th so we have a few weeks left to make some changes and get our level looking good and working properly. I'm pretty confident we'll get it done as it's a cute and simple level.

Now it's time to take a well deserved break and maybe have a few days where I stay in bed all day and do absolutely nothing. Sounds like bliss.



sleeping cat photo: Cat sleeping daily_gifdump_170_03.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment