Wednesday 6 May 2015

Some Art Stuff

First things first I've been pretty stressed and dealing with some issues that I'm in the process of sorting out. So the OTM project has been a bit of a back burner which I do feel quite bad about however health is more important. 

When I haven't been working on uni stuff I've been trying to get a lot of drawing and digital painting done. This is due to the lack of life drawing lessons because its the end of the year and I didn't want to get rusty. Also my digital skills are not that great but I'm working on it. 


One of the drawings I've finished recently is this Rockhopper Penguin skeleton which I took a picture of in Manchester University's own museum to draw from. I drew the head slightly large and I couldve taken more care in the shading however it was good practice. 


Here is something I painted for an acquaintance, this is one of my first few proper digital paintings so I know it's nothing amazing but I'm proud of how much I've improved over the last few paintings. 


Another digital painting I did a few weeks ago is this Angelina Jolie portrait. I think it's actually alright for my first colour painting, I'm hoping to improve loads more over summer which is right around the corner. 



My newest project is to paint portraits of the Parks and Recreation main characters as it's a series that I love and it will challenge me a bit. I'll keep this blog updated with my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment