Tuesday 20 January 2015

Nightmare of a Project

Continuing on the Container City project, we're a bit behind but I think we'll make it.
The work for this project seems never ending although we're all keeping at it and trying our best which is really good.

After a "Dragon's Den" session on Thursday the feedback we received was fairly good and helpful, although I predicted what the tutors were going to say: "Your level is too big" and to be honest it was. So following that session we went straight to the labs and made a plan of how we can condense the level but still keep aspects we all wanted. In the end we decided to narrow the level down to the dock area near the waterfront as it's the most interesting part of the map. 


We all have a building or two to make to populate that area of the map, these include shops, restaurants, market stalls, shacks, fishmongers etc. 


I was tasked with making the market stall and at first it was just going to be a general stall with a table and some shelter made out of scraps which I still might do as well, but the new idea is to make it out of a container so it's more in keeping with not only the project but also the other container buildings. 



I started off with a panel coming down from the top but when I showed the others in the group Sarah pointed out that it would probably hinder the stall owner so I scrapped it and made it into a roof. I think I may add signs to the market stall as it's looking a bit stark and unlike a market stall.



I also made some more assets like the crane which I just finished unwrapping. I think I need to make some more as we really need to populate the area and we don't want it to look totally empty.
I did a paintover to show what the final outcome will kind of look like. 



Here are the unwraps for the assets. I'm now about half way through unwrapping the market stall. I'm planning on having all my unwrapping done by tomorrow so I can move onto texturing all the assets and my container building.



I can't say I'm enjoying this project, it's a bit of a nightmare and it doesn't interest me much as there are lots of contraints in the brief which doesn't allow for much of an individual take on the project. However I think when it all comes together in engine the level will look good and worth the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment