Sunday 1 February 2015

Don't Quarry About It

As the deadline is this Friday some last minute work has to be done aswell as some tweaking in engine. The level is almost done and just needs polishing and some extra assets adding in like emergency lights and pipes to populate the level more. 

As this was necessary I was tasked to make the pipes which were to go into the tunnel area.
So I modeled the pipes fairly quickly. I then did a really quick unwrap and textured it. We decided to make it a tile-able texture as we were running out of texture sheets to use as for the whole level we only had 10 1024 texture sheets. So I photo manipulated an image from cg textures to and offset it then used the clone stamp tool to edit out the seams to make a tile-able texture. 





After adding these elements the level was practically finished. I had been fairly ill throughout this week but I tried my best to help out the team and do my part, thankfully my group were all very understanding.
So Friday rolled around and the work had been uploaded to the K drive. It was done, 4 weeks of stress pretty much over. The last thing to do was the review presentation on Monday. 

Between us we had created a level that had really good interactive elements and looked pretty good. I'm pleased with the final outcome as it's really interesting and different from the work made by other groups. Here are some final beauty shots of our level. 









Also here's a final playthrough Zhané recorded. 




No comments:

Post a Comment