Wednesday 25 March 2015

Action Plan

Objectives
Tasks
Time Frame
Write essay
       Figure out what im going to write about
       Plan the essay
       2500 words
       6+ references
       Review and polish
3-4 weeks (hand in 24th April)
Re-do dichotomy character project
      Concept new idea
       Re model “hippope”
       Unwrap
      Texture
      Polish
      Re do textures for gorilla

3-4 weeks (hand in 24th April)
Finish Off the Map project
      Get all assets into level
      Get all characters working
      Review and polish
      Off the map post mortem

5-6 weeks (hand in 8th May)
Post mortem (15th May)
Presentation
      Find and interesting topic
      Plan presentation
      Time presentation
       Make it interesting and   relevant
       Practice
Presentation (16th-17th April)
Make project more fun and interesting
      Do side projects that interest me
       Do personal work that is based around current project
       Fun, wacky and whimsical
From now

Here is my action plan for the next few weeks and months. I came up with this after my review with Mike Powell as we talked about my progress and how I can make less enjoyable projects more fun. To figure what I could do to make mundane projects and work more fun and suited to me we talked about my most favourite project; the Sentry Gun.

This was by far the best project I've done probably since I've started Game Art. I enjoyed it because we had lots of leeway and could do pretty much whatever we wanted, I also chose something really fun and silly which made it really fun! After thinking about that Mike suggested I do some personal projects of my own that I make for fun.
He also suggested that I do some personal work alongside the current project, for example with the Off the Map competition I could make something that I find fun and interesting but still ties into the project. I do plan to do this once all the work I need to do is finished which will only be about a month from now. I'm excited to get to work on this as just thinking about it brings my passion for game art back as the course has slowly drained it recently. 

Now I have to plan that presentation and get working on the essay before I run out of time and fail at planning my time effectively like I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment