Sunday 8 March 2015

Off The Map: Unwrapping


After a hectic weekend I’m a bit behind on work however I have modelled everything I need to for now. This week I spent most of my time unwrapping all my models which I managed to finish by Friday.
Here are some of my unwraps, some of them aren't very efficient but I think as we don’t have very detailed textures it’s not too much of an issue but we’ll have to see how it effects the engine. 

Here are just two of my unwraps, these two are some of the more condensed texture sheets and are more tightly packed. The top unwrap is the main foliage uvw and the second is the rabbit hole assets like general furniture and items that are described in the book. 



As I had finished all my unwrapping I was tasked to make the clock for my puzzle room in the level. This was technically on my list of assets anyways so it wasn't too much of a task to do, I think I just forgot to do it earlier on and I'd been reminded. The clock is just a general clock face that is part of the puzzle, thankfully all the mechanics have sorted and it works really well I just need to swap out the placeholder for the actual clock face I've modelled. 


I kept the clock fairly simple as the style is very simple and faceted. The first image is the main idea I had for the clock and the second is a more refined iteration with a hand as well. I think it may still need some more iterations as maybe it's a bit too simple. 


Next week I plan to have all the textures for models completed. As the textures are going to be block colour the texture budget is fairly low, for example I plan to make all my texture sheets 512x512.

My opinion on this project so far is that it's fairly good. I'm quite stressed with the work and I can't say I'm enjoying it however I think if my group all keep the work up and carry on as we are we'll have a nice, cute game level at the end of the project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment